TERM 3 POSTPONED due to new restrictions.
For families that paid fees, your money will be credited over to when we reopen again.
We really appreciate your support and well wishes.
Take care and stay healthy.
See you soon.
We are OPEN for business.
We will re-open on the 13th of July, Term 3 2020 YAY!!
To BOOK IN for Term 3 2020, please call us on 9557 8188.
Following the advice and guidelines from SafeWork Australia and the DHHS Victoria, we have implemented the following protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of all our clients and staff (Subject to change on up-to-date recommendations.)
- One entry and exit point into the centre. Enter via ramp from Clapperton st. Exit via carpark.
- One entry and exit point onto pool concourse.
- Specific direction of movement around the centre, minimize crossover of clients.
- Three hand sanitizer stations. One on entry and exit and at reception.
- Thorough cleaning between our AM classes, School swimming classes and PM classes.
- Continued disinfecting throughout the day on highly used areas i.e. door handles, chairs, reception desk…etc
- Continued, 7 days a week commercial centre cleaning.
- Please limit the amount of spectators you attend the centre with. Ideally 1 guardian.
- No child or parent is to attend the centre if they have even the slightest symptoms of a cold. This goes for our instructors as well.
- We have extended our make up policy. We have removed a time limit in which they need to be used in.
To minimize touch points around the centre we have removed and installed the following;
- All pool deck seating has been removed. Clients can still stand and spectate on pool deck while maintaining social distancing of 1.5m.
- We have installed bag hooks on pool deck to minimize crowding in change rooms.
- There is extra shelving space on pool deck for belongings to minimize crowding in change rooms.
- Food vending machine will not be operational.
- Toy vending machines have been removed.
- Kids corner toys have been removed.
- Tables in viewing area have been removed.
- Chairs in viewing area will be available but spread out.
- Magazines removed.
- Lollies and stamps wont be handed out. Sorry.
Starfish Swim School is privately owned and operated. We are a controlled environment and NOT open to the public for
recreational use. Our pool hygiene is to the highest quality. We use 2 forms of pool disinfectants – Chlorine and UV
(please refer to the website to learn about the benefits of both.) As evidence suggests, the pool environment is not a conductor for Covid-19, quite the contrary. Due to the amounts of chemicals we must maintain and because of the high pool temperature.
Starfish is following the guidelines and recommendations for safe pool operations in this new Covid19 world set out by SafeWork Australia and DHHS Victoria. Your safety is our priority.
Let’s get the kids back swimming, learning and enjoying their time at Starfish Swim School.